Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The details...

Well, yesterday I thought I might try to find a sugaring pot for my husband so he would not be tempted to use one of my nice kitchen pots.  I discovered that the sugar pot is pretty expensive.  So expensive that I would not make that purchase without discussing it with him first to make sure of the proper size.  Last night we started talking about sugaring.  His plan is to get a rectangular chaffing dish to put on the grill to boil down the sap.  He figures he can watch it on the grill on the deck for the weekend.  This process is what he refers to as backyard sugaring.  He said worst case, he would get some concrete blocks to se the pot on and make a fire under it, although in the town we live in we would need a permit for a fire so there is that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment